Sunday, February 12, 2017

Summary So Far

I conceived Poppy Fields of Mars in September or October before last. The bulk of the writing was achieved during the November NaNoWriMo. At the end of the "contest" I had the framework completed, But there was a hole in the narrative near the ending. Plus, it was only 70,000 words long. I spent a whole year plus a few months patching it up and rewriting much of chapter one. I thought it was completed yesterday, aside from tidying up the manuscript. But, this morning, I discovered a hole in the story. To wit: He had a packet in his coat pocket, chapter one, but when he takes out that packet in a chapter far down the road, I forgot that the original jacket is long gone. He has in fact gone through more than a couple of changes. Fortunately, the source of said packet is not so far off and he should have opportunity to get another one. Aside from that and putting the package together neatly, it is finally done. Contemplating how to find a reputable agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment