Friday, May 3, 2019

Publishers and Publishers

When I offered up my manuscript, "Beyond the Dark Water," and the publisher accepted, I was naive enough to believe they were going to work to help me make sales. The contract was written in language that I interpreted to mean that. In reality, the total burden was on me, and I have no resources to pursue that sort of thing. The book itself was cheaply made, but for the cover, and overpriced at $15. Then they had the nerve, after the deal was made, to suggest the writers pool their royalties and award our money to a select individual. Small as my checks were, I kept mine.

I am embarrassing myself this way as a caution to others who may be interested in getting published. I know that this sort of thing can be beneficial to those who know how to work it. That's not most of us, in my opinion.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment