Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Vengeance Valley

I shouldn't knock other writers, particularly successful ones. However, I believe Luke Short wouldn't care too much about what I think. When I began work on Mexican Red, his Vengeance Valley was readily available in a used book store. I began to read it to get pointers on how to do the western novel. I recalled beginning it and not finishing it over 20 years prior. This time was different, as I needed that information. But I simply could not enjoy it enough to get any further than the first time. A few months later, I found it as a movie with Burt Lancaster and tried to watch that. Same result. However, I view this as a personal quirk since both book and movie are making the rounds after lots of years. It would be nice if I could have a fraction of that success.

No comments:

Post a Comment