Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Self Publishing

In past times, I tried my hand at self publishing. It was a self indulgent exercise, as such enterprises often are. I threw in every word I ever wrote, almost, with the exception of  a work I called Ollie Filbert, a novel for kids. The result was a ragged collection of stories and poems, in three unrelated volumes. I am proud of some of those tales and verses. The entire enterprise failed, which could have been predicted. Aside from the burying the best work under the weakest, I have no facility for self promotion and no money to hire publicists.

I am currently trying to wrap up a novel. At the same time, I have been peddling a short novel, titled, Beyond the Dark Water. BTDW, I am proud to say, has been picked up for publication. It is fiction based in autobiography and will be available in 2017. I have no illusions concerning money, but am very proud that somebody saw merit in this work, enough to promote it and put it in some bookstores.

I am still wrestling with the details, but I couldn't wait to share the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment